I continued the “Cute as a Bug” theme from the NC Demos Blog Hop all week over on my Facebook and Instagram pages! It was so much fun sharing all the cute bug themed cards. If you don’t follow me on those platforms, go over and check them out!
Today I decided to share one more bug card with you! I just love black and white with a pop of color and not just in card making! The Butterfly Brilliance stamp set is a great set to stamp in all black. It’s considered a background stamp because all of those butterflies are one large stamp! For this card I used Melon Mambo as the pop of color and the Brilliant Wings dies to cut out the cute little butterfly. The dies were made to coordinate with this stamp set. It makes this set so versatile but the dies can be used all by themselves too! I chose to use the butterfly die for my pop of color but you could also color one of the butterflies with one of Stampin’ Up!’s many coloring tools…markers, blends, soft pastels, watercolor pencils, or even just ink and a sponge dauber! So many possibilities! I even added a pop of color to the inside of the card!
*The sequins used for this card are now retired but any embellishment will work. Two that I think would look great are the Solid Faceted Gems or Glossy Dots Assortment. Both of these are in the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog.
- Cut Basic Black cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11′; score and fold at 5 1/2″
- Cut 2 Basic White pieces to 4″ x 5 1/4″; stamp “happy birthday” and adhere one to the inside of card base; keep other piece to the side to use later
- Cut another Basic White piece to 3 3/4″ x 5″; stamp Butterfly Brilliance stamp in Black Memento ink
- Cut a Basic Black strip to 1 1/4″ x 4″
- Cut Basic White strip to 1″ x 4″; stamp “hello friend” in Black Memento ink; adhere to black strip
- Layer and adhere all pieces as shown; wrap ribbon around and tie in knot or bow; adhere to front of card base
- Die cut 2 Melon Mambo butterflies; adhere one to the inside and one to the front of card base; add sequins as shown