I am so excited to share with you another color challenge! This month’s colors are Blushing Bride, Highland Heather, and Garden Green. As always, I pulled out my paper, inks, and markers in those colors and started looking at my stamp sets try to get an idea of which one I think would work with these colors. I chose to use the In Bloom set stamp set and Pierced Bloom Dies. This stamp set contains 21 stamps including 4 great sentiments and the die set contains 25 die cut flowers and leaves in several sizes and shapes as well as a label and a bow die! Now through June 30, you can purchase the stamp set and die as a BUNDLE and receive 10% off! It’s such a great bundle because you can do so much with it!
Most of the time, I will also look through the catalog to see if there is something in there that catches my eye that I can CASE (create and share everything). On page 26 of our newest annual catalog I found a cool technique using blending brushes. The colors and stamp set in the catalog are totally different than what I was going to be using but I really wanted to give it a try! The card on the left is the one that I cased for this card. I hope you like it and that it inspires you to give this technique a try. The products I used for this card and the instructions for this technique are listed below.
- Stamp sentiment on your white layer.
- Secure white layer to your work surface (I used washi tape so it wouldn’t tear the paper).
- Tear scrap paper in a wave pattern.
- Secure torn pieces to white layer like shown in above picture. Be sure to cover sentiment.
- Stamp images in the open space.
- Starting with the lightest color first, use blending brushes to add ink to the open space.
- Remove paper and your layer is ready to be put on your card!