Today’s card was going to be my December color challenge card but with everything going on this month, I never even got it submitted! The colors for this month were Cherry Cobbler, Sweet Sorbet, and Mossy Meadow. I wanted to use one of the new stamps that I received at OnStage so I chose Beautifully Happy from the new SALE-a-bration brochure.
It is such an awesome set featuring beautiful flowers and leaves as well as some great sentiments! It is a two-step, photopolymer stamp set which makes the images so easy to stamp! I decided to go with the “Thank you” sentiment because I figured I would need some thank you cards to send out after Christmas. The colors for this challenge are great for a “Christmas thank you” too!!
- To make this card, I started with Thick Basic White cardstock cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (scored and folded in half at 4 1/4″).
- Next, I embossed a piece of Basic White (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) using the Gingham embossing folder from the annual catalog.
- Then I used the Deckled Rectangle dies to cut pieces of Cherry Cobbler and Basic White. (I used the 3rd and 4th largest dies).
- On the white rectangle, I stamped the outline image in Mossy Meadow, the flower images in Sweet Sorbet, the leaves in second-generation Mossy Meadow (stamped off once), the buds in Mossy Meadow, and the flower center in Cherry Cobbler.
- “Thank you” was stamped in Cherry Cobbler on a white strip (a little wider than 1/2″) and the cut at an angle on each side. I used my trimmer for this.
- The white rectangle is glued to the Cherry Cobbler rectangle and the attached to card front using dimensionals. I added a large bow using white baker’s twine behind the “thank you” and used dimensionals to attach to card.
- Lastly I added a little bling by using the new Pastel Adhesive-backed Sequins from the new mini catalog (available January 5).